Since staying out of the sun is not always an option, microdermabrasion is Hollywood’s secret to looking red-carpet ready. And, whether you’re a man’s man or a girly woman, in the prime of your youth or proudly rich with years of wisdom, the beauty of this lunchtime facial is that it’s perfect for most anyone looking to freshen up their face. From erasing years from your appearance to reversing the damaging effects of tanning your bod, check out the benefits of microdermabrasion.
What is Microdermabrasion?Microdermabrasion, also known as Microderm, is a cosmetic procedure used to remove the top layer of sun-damaged and dead skin cells and leaving behind a healthier, younger you.
- Rejuvenates sun damaged skin – The sun can do a number on your skin, causing sun spots, wrinkles and enlarge pores. But, freshening up your skin is a cinch with a few microdermabrasion sessions.
- Eases age spots – Microderm is like giving your skin cells a pep talk, stimulating new cells to replace the damaged ones as you watch your age spots — which is actually caused by sun damage that can strike at any age – fade into the sunset.
- Painless – Whether exfoliating with crystals or paddles, this painless treatment exfoliates the skin without the tears, even if you aren’t the toughest of men.
- Improves the look of fine lines and wrinkles – Regardless of your age, exposing your skin to UV rays is like begging lines and wrinkles to riddle your face regardless of your age. However, microderm can step in and soften those creases and turn back the clock on aging.
- Works quickly – Also dubbed a lunchtime procedure, microdermabrasion is a fast technique with immediate results – and with little to no downtime to force you to hide your face from your fans or your friends.
- Makes other cosmetic procedures work better – Microderm can be combined with other procedures such as chemical peels to rejuvenate your complexion. It also helps makes it a piece of cake for topical products to penetrate through the surface layer.
- Helps makeup look smoother – By ridding your complexion of dead skin cells and smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, microdermabrasion lets your makeup glide on for a flawless finish.
- Gives acne treatment the advantage – Microderm opens up clogged pores that lead to acne, helping to get rid of the junk and leaving cleaner, smoother skin behind. It also opens the door for topical anti-acne treatments, making it easier for medication to penetrate the skin.
- Improves acne scars – Softening the top layer of your skin with microdermabrasion can smooth very superficial acne scars by removing the skin’s dead cells on the surface of your skin and improving the smoothness and texture of your mug.
- Shrinks pores – Enlarged pores aren’t a pretty sight, but luckily this affordable Tinsel Town favorite will tighten enlarged pores and get your complexion paparazzi-ready.